What makes a perfect marriage? Is it only love in marriage that makes it successful? Is it true marriages are made in heaven? I am neither a love guru or a marriage counsellor. But I know one thing for sure that love is not a base for a healthy married life. Love is not a constant emotion. You can quickly fall in love and in no time fall out of love. Then what? Boom! Your base for a relationship is gone. So what makes a perfect marriage? A perfect marriage is when two individuals seek companionship, good co-parent for the children and a defined purpose. Love is just like a cup of coffe, you enjoy it everyday, even if it is bitter. As I was looking for the perfect recipe for marriage, I found 20 quotes that speak volume on love, marriage and relationship.
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
– Marilyn Monroe
- “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.”
– Ursula K. Le Guin, The Lathe of Heaven
- “Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it be rather a moving sea between the shores of your souls.”
– Kahlil Gibran,The Prophet
- “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”– Dave Meurer
- “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.”– Martin Luther
- “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything.”– Katharine Hepburn, Me: Stories of My Life
- “Come, let’s be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with.”– Charles Dickens
- “We need a witness to our lives. There’s a billion people on the planet… I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you’re promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things… all of it, all of the time, every day. You’re saying, ‘Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness.’”– Shall We Dance?
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”– Bruce Lee
- “Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have a to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.”– Louis de Bernieres, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
- “You know you are in love when the two of you can go grocery shopping together.”– Woody Harrelson
- “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.”– Lao Tzu
- “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.”— Simone Signoret
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”— Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
- “One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall back in love again.”— Judith Viorst
- “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.”— Leo Tolstoy
- “The great secret of successful marriage is to treat all disasters as incidents and none of the incidents as disasters.”— Sir Harold George Nicolson
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” —Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- “I first learned the concept of non-violence in my marriage.”— Gandhi
Finally, I have found the perfect recipe for marriage.
Marriage = Companionship (1 spoon) + Relationship goal (1 spoon) + Friendship (2 spoon) + sprinkle lots of love
What is your idea of love and marriage? Do you agree love is not an ultimate goal in marriage?
See you later!
4 thoughts on “20 Thought provoking quotes on Love, Marriage and Relationship”
I agree Love is not the most important part of marriage but Trust is the most essential and important part of marriage.??
Yes! I totally agree with you. Love is an ever changing emotion but trust is a pillar for any relationship.
Thanks & Love
This is so beautiful…I love your recipe for marriage…totally agree…friendship and companionship are the cornerstones of any marriage…..
Thanks…I am glad that you liked the post!
Comments are closed.