It’s a season of gratitude and Thanksgiving!
Start your gratitude journal today with these gratitude journal prompts and become more thankful and happier by the next Thanksgiving.
“Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude” – Nigel Hamilton
5 minutes of written positive affirmations and gratitude can help you unveil the power of positive emotions. It can not only reduce your stress but also increase your productivity.
If you’re stuck and looking for some gratitude journal prompts so that you can write them down in your journal, Gratitude App, or a diary.
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
What is a Gratitude Journal?
“Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
Gratitude is the expression of appreciation for what one has. It is a recognition of value independent of monetary worth. Spontaneously generated from within, it is an affirmation of goodness and warmth. – Psychology Today.
It starts with noticing the goodness in your life and around you. We live in an ever-changing environment, especially during the pandemic, stress has become a part of our life and it takes a toll on our health. When we write down our thoughts in a journal, it decreases the intensity of the negative emotions and gives us a different perspective of things around us. Gratitude journal highlights things that we have in our lives but we overlook.
Benefits of gratitude journal prompt
“Gratitude works its magic by serving as an antidote to negative emotions. It’s like white blood cells for the soul, protecting us from cynicism, entitlement, anger, and resignation.”- Arianna Huffington, Thrive
When we write down the list of positive events, things that make us happy and calm -at the end of a day- not only lowers stress levels but also results in better sleep at night. Your gratitude journal becomes an anchor on a day when things aren’t going right- just flip the pages and read your blessings in life. Here are some of the mental and physical health benefits of a Gratitude journal.
- Lower stress and anxiety levels
- Better sleep
- Enhances empathy and reduces aggression
- Encourage positive emotions and reduces toxic emotions
- Helps you focus on things that are important in your life
Gratitude journal prompts
What are the three things that made you grateful today?
Family. Food to eat. Home.
Sounds easy-peasy, right?
But what will you write the next day in your gratitude journal? You already wrote three things you are grateful for and you can’t repeat the same, every day.
Lack of journal prompts makes journaling a bit difficult as you can’t sail without wind. And then, these gratitude journal prompts come to your rescue. Use these gratitude journals prompts daily to see the magic of gratitude in your life.
Tip: Don’t answer in one word. Try to elaborate on your answers and explain.
39 Gratitude journal prompts for wellness, happiness, and thankfulness
- I am happiest when…
- Things in the room that you’re grateful for…
- Recall a favorite memory that you’re grateful for
- Name a friend you’re grateful for and why
- What is the proudest moment of your life?
- What’s a possession that makes your life easier?
- What painful experience has helped you to grow?
- What is your best skill?
- What knowledge are you grateful for?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- What’s something positive in your life that you didn’t have a year ago?
- What/who made you smile today?
- What book are you most grateful for?
- What person in your past are you most grateful for?
- What small things are you grateful for today?
- What risk are you most grateful for having taken?
- Name something or someone that makes you feel safe
- What do you like about your job/school?
- Name a place that makes you feel happy
- Name a challenge that you’ve overcome
- List all the people that have a positive effect on your life
- What is your favorite way to relax?
- What was your best holiday you ever went on?
- What are 5 things you have that most of the world does not?
- What is your favorite thing about your personality?
- Write about a time you helped someone.
- Write about the happiest time of your life.
- What was your favorite present you ever received?
- What was the proudest moment of your life?
- What positive impact do you bring to the world?
- Do you have a set time of day you remember to be mindful and grateful?
- Do you think you spend enough time being grateful?
- What routines do you have that you take for granted?
- What was your favorite childhood hobby?
- Name 5 people who have had the greatest positive impact on your life. Why?
- What is the last thing you bought which brought you joy?
- What do you do when you want to treat yourself?
- What is something you do that you would like to do more often?
- What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you?
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward
Wishing all my friends who celebrate Thanksgiving – Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope you liked the post.
Lots of Love,