Monday magic is one thing that we all yearn for. Did I say magic? Does it exist? Do you believe in magic? Books are portable magic that can fill your day with imagination, inspiration and instant rejuvenation. Words are the vehicle that can take you inside the world of magic. Fill your world with quotes- write them down, memorize it, read it several times or just hang them on the wall. Repeat them when you need a little bit of magic or to get out of a situation, when you are simply stuck. Here our 11 Magical quotes from the world of Harry Porter.
“Words are, in my not so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic.”- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”- —Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
“Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” —Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
“I am what I am an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth bothern’ with.’” —Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?”- —Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
“Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” —Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
“Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” —Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”- Harry Porter and the Chamber of secrets
What is your favourite Harry Potter quote? Do you believe in the magic of words?
It’s Monday and it is time to switch from SUNDAY to MONDAY mode. This means that it is time to get some dose of Monday motivation that lasts for a week and bring some sunshine to your face. Here are 15 quotes from Dr. Seuss that you might have missed in elementary school but it will surely motivate you to kick-start your week immediately.
“Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!”
“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
“This is not good. This is not right. My feet stick out of bed all night. And when I pull them in, oh dear! My head sticks out of bed out here!”
“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
“If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”
“I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.”
“You have to be a speedy reader because there’s so so much to read.
“Thank goodness for all the things you are not, thank goodness you’re not something someone forgot, and left all alone in some punkerish place, like a rusty tin coat hanger hanging in space.”
“Nothing is going to change, unless someone does something soon”
“The people that mind don’t matter, and the people that matter don’t mind.”
Spread the Monday Motivation by sharing it and don’t forget to follow/subscribe for some CRAZY LISTS!
What a strange time this is. I am fairly amused with the memories that flashes when I watch my daughter watching Disney movies. She is too young to read books or to get inspired by these characters. What an odd time this is, I never thought that I will make a crazy list of wisdom that can be derived from these animated characters. Won’t this make me a bad mother? No, not at all. Disney movies have some of the most invaluable wisdom and life lessons that every kid need to learn. Did I say kid! Nuh…it is for everyone. A strange, list of quotes from these characters to teach her the most valuable life lessons. Disney Movies and characters were a part of my growing up years and I have a list of movies that I want my daughter to watch and learn some life lessons from it.
Here is a crazy list of quotes that gives 15 Life Lessons from famous Disney movies and characters.
1. When you go out of your comfort zone and try new things in life without any fear, you get the most cherishing reward.
“Venture Outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it”- Rapunzel, Tangled
5. We all make mistakes in life and there are two ways to deal with it either run from it or accept it and learn from it. You are allowed to make a mistake if you are willing to learn from it and not repeat it.
“Oh yes the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it”- Rafiki, Lion King
13. People say that destiny and fate cannot be changed. That is not true! If you are brave enough to face your problems and you are ready to work towards it, you can write your own destiny. “There are those who say fate is something beyond our command, that destiny is not our own. But I know better. Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.”- Princess Merida, Brave
No book has inspired me the way THE ART OF WAR – SUN TZU has, and I cannot fathom why. Is it because we constantly fight a battle? Is it because it is full of strategies that are palpable? Is it because of the decisions we take in life and face its consequences? What are the secrets for success?
I really don’t understand why I am always attracted to this book. This book is a reference point for any situation that requires immediate attention. The way any book can be interpreted in million ways, THE ART OF WAR can also be a source of light to a path. It is one of the most difficult books, I have ever read and re-read, as every time you read this book something new crops up. Life is a war, we fight daily. We fight a war for different things – success, love, respect, money, time or survival.
Most of the time we don’t know what we really want to accomplish. What is the desired outcome we seek? Is it worth the extra effort we put in to accomplish it? Sun Tzu stresses on strategy and plan before you act towards your goal. Don’t be a raging bull. Understand what you really want to accomplish and then prepare yourself for the challenge. Success can only be achieved when we use all our strengths to work for our advantage. Identify your resources and let it work for you. You can’t execute a plan without making a blueprint to guide your way.
Watch your competitor closely understand his strengths and weaknesses, work with him (if necessary), reveal his plan and vulnerable spots. It is as important to know yourself and the market to achieve success. Understand the market and the rules to succeed in that space. Staying ahead of your competitor is the key to success. Work on your weaknesses and threats that can come your way .
“In business, you might be tempted to directly attack. Consider the ‘Scroogled’ campaign Microsoft Bing launched against Google. Bing warned consumers not to get Scroogled by its rival search engine during the holiday campaigns in 2012. The campaign was deemed hypocritical and criticized by many. The full frontal assault on your competitor just may backfire, so find more creative avenues to weaken it. Ideally, you’ll find others lower on the totem pole to join forces.”- www.inc.com
THE ART OF WAR – SUN TZU
“Conflict is an inevitable part of life, according to this ancient Chinese classic of strategy, but everything necessary to deal with conflict wisely, honorably, victoriously, is already present within us. Compiled more than two thousand years ago by a mysterious warrior-philosopher, The Art of Waris still perhaps the most prestigious and influential book of strategy in the world…” – Goodreads
15 SECRETS FOR SUCCESS – THE ART OF WAR
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
“Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”
“There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general:
(1) Recklessness, which leads to destruction;
(2) cowardice, which leads to capture;
(3) a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults;
(4) a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame;
(5) over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble.”
“Conceal your dispositions, and your condition will remain secret, which leads to victory; show your dispositions, and your condition will become patent, which leads to defeat.”
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt
“Rouse him, and learn the principle of his activity or inactivity. Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots.”
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.”
“It is easy to love your friend, but sometimes the hardest lesson to learn is to love your enemy.”
“To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill”
“When the outlook is bright, bring it before their eyes; but tell them nothing when the situation is gloomy.”
“Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical.”
“There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard.There are not more than five primary colours, yet in combination, they produce more hues than can ever been seen.There are not more than five cardinal tastes, yet combinations of them yield more flavors than can ever be tasted.”
“Anger may in time change to gladness; vexation may be succeeded by content.
But a kingdom that has once been destroyed can never come again into being; nor can the dead ever be brought back to life.”
“who wishes to fight must first count the cost”
“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.”
What is your guide to success? Which book has influenced you the most? What are your favorite books of all time? Why?
We’ve hit summer season, so I have to spend most of my time indoors with my little girl. It gives me enough time to clean my book shelf. It is one of the most enriching things to do. I love books. Except books that have a heavy dose of SCIENCE (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics ). For some strange reason, flipping pages of the books I have already read takes me to a different world. It is one of the most pleasant experience.
I picked up a book to re-read this week. It is “Forty Rules of Love” by Elif Shafak. She narrates two parallel stories – one contemporary and the other set in the thirteenth century. Ella Rubenstein is a forty years old lady who is not happy with her marriage and mundane life. She takes a job as a reader for a literary agent. Her first assignment is to report on Sweet Blasphemy, written by a man name Aziz Zahara. Sweet blasphemy unfolds the forty rules of love that Rumi learned from his spiritual mentor, Shams of Tabriz. Ella is mesmerized with Shams of Tabriz search for Rumi which transforms him to a passionate poet and advocate of love.
20 quotes from “Forty Rules Of Love” that are powerful enough to make you look at life from a different prism. Here are 20 Rules of Love, I learned from the book.
1. “Whatever happens in your life, no matter how troubling things might seem, do not enter the neighborhood of despair.”
2. “Every true love and friendship is a story of unexpected transformation. If we are the same person before and after we loved, that means we haven’t loved enough.”
3. “Where there is love, there is bound to be heartache.”
4. “The words that come out of our mouths do not vanish but are perpetually stored in infinite space, and they will come back to us in due time.”
5. “Do not go with the flow. Be the flow.”
6. “Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come”
7. “Fret not where the road will take you. Instead concentrate on the first step. That’s the hardest part and that’s what you are responsible for.”
8. “No matter what your destination, just be sure to make every journey a journey within.”
9. “His honesty offended others, but he liked to provoke people to see what came out of them in moments of anger.”
10. “Let us choose one another as companions!
Let us sit at each other’s feet!
Inwardly we have many harmonies – think not
That we are only what we see.”
11. “Be thankful for every thorn that others might throw at you. It is a sign that you will soon be showered in roses”
12. “Loneliness and solitude are two different things. When you are lonely, it is easy to delude yourself into believing that you are on the right path. Solitude is better for us, as it means being alone without feeling lonely.”
13. “The quest for Love changes us. There is no seeker among those who search for Love who has not matured on the way. The moment you start looking for Love, you start to change within and without.”
14. “Quit worrying about hell or dreaming about heaven, as they are both present inside this very moment. Every time we fall in love, we ascend to heaven. Every time we hate, envy, or fight someone, we tumble straight into the fires of hell.”
15. “The quest for Love changes us. There is no seeker among those who search for Love who has not matured on the way. The moment you start looking for Love, you start to change within and without.”
16. “Just as clay needs to go through intense heat to become strong, Love can only be perfected in pain.”
17. “Your destiny is the level where you will play your tune. You might not change your instrument but how well you play is entirely in your hands.”
18. “The way to a man’s heart can sometimes take a woman far away from herself, my dear.”
19. “Neither a drop of kindness nor a speck of evil will remain unreciprocated.”
20. “If you want to strengthen your faith, you will need to soften inside. For your faith to be rock solid, your heart needs to be as soft as a feather.”
Hope you enjoyed these quotes as much as I loved the book. I would highly recommend this book for summer. You can connect to your soul and might get the answers to your question.