“Shopping is actually very similar to farming a field. You can’t keep buying the same thing, you have to have a bit of variety. Otherwise you get bored and stop enjoying yourself.” ― Confessions of a Shopaholic
Sometimes I look at myself and I think: No wonder hubby finds me spoiled. So, I bought it. The most perfect palette in the world. People will call me “Girl with renaissance painting”. I’ll be able to live with it. Really, it’s an investment. I own three eyeshadow palettes and they look quite similar to me. Same nude, browns, black and golden/pink undertone shimmers. There was something missing. Modern Renaissance palette is inspired by the colors of renaissance and it has some of the most beautiful eyeshadows suitable for every skin tone. I have had a love-hate relationship with Anastasia Beverly Hills lipsticks so I was quite nervous when I picked up this palette. But now if I had to repurchase two items from Anastasia Beverly Hills items, then I would definitely pick up Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and Modern Renaissance Palette.
What it is?
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette is a 14-shade eyeshadow palette with pink, taupe and berry colors in matte and shimmer shades. It was launched last year and it is their very first permanent eyeshadow palette. It has already got the “CULT” status in the beauty world.
“An essential eye shadow collection featuring 14 shades, including neutral and berry tones. Use Anastasia Beverly Hills first permanent palette, Modern Renaissance to create endless looks for daytime and evening.”-Anastasia Beverly Hills.
How does it feel?
With 11 matte and 3 metallic shades, alongside a dual-ended eyeshadow brush, the versatile palette comes in a pink velvet case. When I first looked at the packaging, it reminded me of my Naked-1 palette from Urban Decay. These eyeshadows are highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. They are buttery in texture and very easy to blend.
Here’s a quick rundown on the colors:
- Tempera:Ultra matte and a velveteen beige/nude color
- Golden Ochre: A matte, earth-toned yellow color.
- Vermeer:A fabulous shell pink shimmer
- Buon Fresco:Matte mauve shade / antique lavender.
- Antique Bronze: Metallic sable
- Love Letter: Raspberry matte color with a dark pink tone.
- Cyprus Umber: Dark coffee in a matte shade
- Raw Sienna: Matte neutral amber
- Burnt Orange: Matte Orange
- Primavera: Shimmery champagne
- Red Ochre: A matte, dark burnt red stone.
- Venetian Red: Ultra matte deep red color.
- Warm Taupe: Earth toned warm grey
- Realgar: Ultra matte brick red/ dark orange
Every time I open this palette, I want to pick up a brush and start painting. But, honestly, it has so pretty warm undertone shades that you can create endless looks. My favorite eyeshadows from the palettes are Burnt Orange, Primavera and Love Letter
What I liked?
Ditching Black Smokey or nude eye and moving towards red-toned eye is something that I never imagined I will ever do. But look at the beauty of this palette that I couldn’t help obsessing over it. The selection of colors in this palette is beautiful and unique. These eyeshadows are so pigmented that you can expect some fall off on application. I always start with my eyes so it isn’t my problem. These colors are so beautiful that I also tried applying it on my lips with Vaseline.
I chose easy look for the first time as in excitement I didn’t even think of going into a complicated mode. I chose Burnt orange as a base, Love Letter on crease, Vermeer and Warm taupe on the lid.
What I didn’t like?
Though I absolutely love this palette there are few things that I didn’t like.
- Packaging: Beautiful pale pink package gets incredibly dirty due to the velvet material used. It reminds me of Urban Decay Naked Palette purple velvet packaging which also gets dirty easily.
- Fall-out: This isn’t a problem for me as I always do my eyes first but if you do your eyes after foundation and concealer then expect some mess under eye. Since, it is highly pigmented fall-out is something you may have to deal with.
In summary, this palette is already one of my favorite palette I own. This is a palette I would 100% recommend, if you are ready to switch to neutrals, browns and smokey eye to red-berry tone eyeshadows. Hey! Don’t get intimidated with all the dramatic eye looks you see on pinterest, Instagram and youtube, create your own and you will love this palette more. Like I did!
If you’ve tried the Modern Renaissance palette, let me know what you thought about it. Also, let me know your favorite eyeshadow palettes at the moment!
Lots of love!