Do you live in an amazing place but you haven’t noticed its beauty? I always dream of sunshine, sandy beaches, long road trips or just going outside without being tormented by harsh winter air. Yes, it’s that time of the year, when many people start coming to Dubai to enjoy their holidays.
I live in Dubai and yet when it comes to experiencing different layers of this city, I take it for granted. No matter where you live, there are endless places to enjoy a staycation.
Why We Need a Staycation?
Staycation is like mini-vacation in which you stay in your house or book a resort or enjoy nearby tourist destinations. You can easily relax, restore, rejuvenate – and stay within your budget.
Save Money – You save a lot of money when you are enjoying your staycation! Just calculate how much it costs to travel: plane tickets, car rentals, hotels, eating out, activities and shopping. Also, you can either spend more or less depending on your currencies conversion rate. Everyone gets off course, North Cash Loans are there to give you Personal Installment loans to help you get back on track.
Easier to Plan – It is easier to plan a staycation as most of us know the area – it is less stressful and takes less time.
Relax, Restore and Rejuvenate at your own pace– The idea of a good vacation is to relax and rejuvenate but it turns out to be really stressful. Many vacations require a great deal of traveling – long flight hours, immigration queues and airport transfers. During a staycation, these hassles are not present.
In addition to saving money and staying within the limits of your travel budgets, staycations are the perfect way to unwind.
10 Things to do on Staycation in Dubai
1. Go to Winter festival or a free concert: Check online or on your local city guides. Often UAE residents get discounts on the tickets and don’t require time constraints; you can stay for as long or as short a time as you like.
2. Visit the zoo: For a family staycation, the zoo is a perfect place to enjoy and spend an afternoon. It is affordable, fun and burns some calories.
3. Go to the beach: In winters, Dubai is the perfect place to enjoy beach and water activities. Dubai is blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches so you can just pack a swimsuit, sunscreen, and a beach towel and you’re ready for some great time.
4. Visit a museum/show: Depending on what your family likes pick something that everyone will enjoy. Become a tourist and enjoy the local museum or books shows. We love to book Dolphin shows as it is not only educational but also an interesting experience.
5. Read a book: If you love reading books and find it hard to fit in your busy schedule then this is a great time to catch up some bestsellers.
6. Play games/sports: Go bowling, tennis or any other sport your family enjoys. We used to have our very own Chess tournament and the winner was entitled to get some great gifts.
7. Broadway-style musical Jaan-e-Jigar: If you’re in Dubai and you love Bollywood movies, then enjoy this Broadway-style musical show. Intense drama, energetic dancing and powerful music, this show has every ingredient to make a perfect masala Bollywood movie. Plus with every ticket, you’ll get one-hour free access to Bollywood park.
8. Spend your day in a Theme park: Dubai Parks and resorts offer three parks and one waterpark. These parks offer the thrilling experience like no other. Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, Legoland Dubai and Legoland Water Park, these offer incredible indoor and outdoor experience for everyone.
9. Book a resort: Relax, rejuvenate and recharge yourself to a nearby haven. You can escape to other emirates to experience their culture, activities, and serenity. My favorite escape is Fujairah emirate that offers a unique blend of tranquil water, serene desert, and soaring mountains. It is a perfect place to enjoy mountain biking, trekking, and scuba diving.
10. Book a spa: You can buy a coupon on Groupon and visit a luxurious spa for a massage or a day lounging in the hot tubs and saunas.
Remind yourself that even if you’re not traveling, you’re on vacation. What is your favorite activity to do on a staycation? What do you prefer- travel extravaganza or a staycation? Let me know your opinion.
If you want to know more about Legoland, then read it here.
Lots of love,
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post brought to you by Northcash. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
The only problem I have with those countries this time of the year is the heat. And lack of snow. How can I have Christmas without snow? I have to try to get over it, for me it’s a must. But maybe afterwards, there have been so many offers to go to Dubai recently!
We usually do a combination of both – a major vacation once a year and mini staycations throughout. A spa day sounds lovely!
I am actually a huge fan of Bollywood musicals so I would definitely be up for Broadway-style musical Jaan-e-Jigar: and watching a light show sounds wonderful too. I could definitely do with a trip to the beach as well, especially as a part time mermaid too!
Would love to try the musical because I love Bollywood movie! I wonder what Bollywood park will be like. Sounds really fun!
The winter festival is up on my cards when I visit Dubai early next year and yes Zoo for my preschooler, which seems a must. Beaches are really great options to soak in some sun.
Hi there! Thanks for this great post. I have been to Dubai a couple of times and always felt like that there is something more to be explored. I really like this place and especially its hidden corners. Keep it up!
Dubai is indeed a great place to visit during the winter months and your post is filled with things to do when in Dubai. It will not quite be a staycation for me in Dubai (if I plan to visit) but still there are a lot of ideas in your list for regular tourists too.
Thanks for sharing.
Do drop by my blog as well : http://styleovercoffee.com 🙂
I really enjoy staycations. I tend to spend more time discovering my own back yard and get to know my local attractions and support local businesses even more.
The past few years, more often than not, I’ve taken a staycation. It’s so nice to put my work computer away and not even think about it. One of my favorite things to do is pamper myself, so I’ll get my hair done, and schedule an afternoon at the spa. It’s incredible how relaxed I feel after and I always think “How come I don’t do this more often?” x
I think that having a staycation is perfect for when you want to get away but don’t want to travel too far. I definitely want to be able to take more staycations this year as I think that it is good for the soul!
Dubai might me lack of richness to other natural resources, but it is bountiful with awesomeness! Ah i wish to visit this city soon and celebrate the holiday even once 🙂
I have always wanted to visit dubai. I feel like its just a unique place you just have to see ith your own eyes. Thanks for sharing so many secret tips and spots!
I would say that I don’t have things like those in Dubai in Southern California, but I totally do. I would love to go out and visit some of the sights and sounds of Dubai. Maybe someday I will get the chance.
I wanted to visit dubai this year and looks an awesome place to explore. I can’t wait to go there
Bookmarked this! Going to dubai next week, I am sure this will help!
I like Dubai as a vacay spot and I feel like I can stand it for a week max before I want to leave- it’s just some personal feelings I have with the place lol. The UAE can be toured in a just a couple days so it’s great dubai always has so many new events and clubs to join, and you’re right, sometimes a staycation is all you need.
You know what, you’re absolutely right here. I live just west of Atlanta, GA and within a two hour drive in any direction, I can be in the mountains, on a lake, by a beach, enjoying so many darn things! I love it and this was the perfect reminder that I truly need to take a staycation REALLY SOON! ?
Comments are closed.