“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” ― Leo Tolstoy
As we move forward and embrace spring season, it is time to update our wardrobe.
Yes! It is a season of rebirth, blossom, plans, and projects. I don’t know about you, but I am ready to welcome blooming season with open arms. It is a nature’s way of saying “Let’s Party!” before the temperature begins to peak.
Finally, it is time to follow yearly cleaning tradition and indulge in new fashion trends to embrace the hectic season ahead. But before you make room for spring collection in your closet, it is time to review and de-clutter the overflowing closet to make room for your new possession.
Spring/Summer Fashion 2018 is more about maximalism. From sequin dresses to the return of classic Burberry checks, it is all about getting 80s vibes back. “At Gucci, the ‘80s featured all throughout the collection with big hair, structured jackets with big shoulders, and a distinctive blend of neutrals, prints, and bright colors.”- Glowsly
Here are some items on top of my spring list inspired by Spring/Summer 2018 Fashion trends:
1. Sequin dress: This is groundbreaking, get whatever has that bling. Who wants a basic long dress? It’s time to get sequins all over on a V-neck fishtail maxi dress.
2. Red Chiffon Maxi Dress: Get that blossom vibe in this flower-printed dress with split sides. Bold prints are in the fashion so take out your printed dress that you buried in your closet. Get maxi dresses with straw hats in your closet to welcome Mr.Spring!
3. Metallic pink wrap dress: Millenial pink is the color of the season. I say: Bring it on!
4. Yellow and White Jumpsuit: They call me mellow-yellow! Yellow is considered as one of the biggest color trends in spring/summer fashion. Time to get this sunny hue!
5. Black cold shoulder frill sleeve top: Steel the spotlight this season with cold shoulder and attention-grabbing frill sleeves.
6. White Glitter Star Lace-up shoes: The perfect white shoe with star embellishment goes with just about everything!
7. Pineapple gold earrings: Spring is the perfect time to make a messy bun and flaunt a statement earring.
8. Mustard faux suede satchel bag: It’s time to bid adieu to classic clutches. Get a satchel bag with a different structure, embellishment, pattern, or strap.
9. Tassel Drop Earring: Tassel is everywhere…so why not get a trendy rose gold tassel earring? It is a perfect accessory for a big occasion.
10: Light Blue Pearl And Diamante Jeans: Forget minimalism. It’s time for maximalism this season…get some pearls on your denim.
11. Navy and pink bold floral prints: The bolder, the better.
12. Champagne glitter shoes: Write your own Cinderella fairytale with glitter shoes.
13. Red and Black checks: Who said checks are only for winters? This season checks will stay a bit longer. Classic and bold.
14. Subtle bracelets: Sometimes, subtlety is the way to go when it comes to accessories, like this jaw-dropping Cartier bracelet.
Before you embark on an exotic holiday this spring, set aside a week for Spring cleansing –call it spring cleaning.
Get the ultimate closet detox guide, here.
What is your favorite dress on the spring list? What is your current favorite fashion trend? Comment below and let me know.
Lots of love!