Hello Everyone! I wanted to (finally) share the makeup and saree,I wore on Karwachauth. I am always messed up wondering how to get ready and follow all the rituals of this festival. For those who are not familiar with this Indian festival, Karwachauth is a festival in which married women fast from sunrise to moonrise for the love of their husband. Think of it as Indian celebration of love and marriage. This is the only time of the year; I live without water and food. Yes, you read it right – without water and food. This is also the only day of the year when I wear traditional Indian saree and consider myself a makeup expert. I took only 10 minutes to create this easy peasy look.
This festival is super traditional so I wanted to wear heavy Banarsi saree (Mom, I love you so much for the gift) with a beautiful gold blouse. I also loved the real pearl necklace that was gifted by my Aunt (Bua) who pampers me with beautiful accessories and makeup suggestions.
My makeup was mostly traditional a very subtle rose gold eye look with pop of highlight to get that glowing look. I love this dark “vampy-ish” lip trend that has stormed the world. I completed the look with a red “bindi” and dark lip color.
Details of the product I used are mentioned below and I hope you all like this look! Let me know what you think about the look.
Makeup details- Product Used:
- Nivea Men After shave balm- sensitive (No, I don’t shave my face; I use this as a primer)
- L’oreal Extraordinary facial oil (I mix it with my foundation to look hydrated and glowing)
- L’oreal True Match Foundation- Golden Amber
- The Balm Betty-Lou Manizer (Bronzer)
- Nars Blush (Roman Holiday)
- The Balm Mary- Lou Manizer (Highlight)
- RCMA powder (Setting Powder)
- Evian mineral water spray (Make up setting spray)
- Lorac Behind the scenes Eye primer
- Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette – 2
- (Cool gray, Nectar, Rose, Black)
- Maybelline Master precise liquid eyeliner (Black)
- Maybelline the falsies Push up Drama (Black)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick – Exorcism
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick – Outlaw
“Treat your make up like jewelry for the face. Play with colors, shapes, structure – It can transform you”- Francois Nars.
What a fun idea! I’m pretty much lost when it comes to makeup!
Trust me, it happens to me all time. Thanks! 🙂
Thoughts of Indian women must be appreciated in today’s life style. This also bring happy ness in family life. Great work
Thank you! I am glad that you liked it 🙂
Love the Evian spray! 🙂
I am addicted to Evian spray it is so hydrating 🙂
Your makeup is flawless!
Thank You! 🙂
Comments are closed.